Clearfinity Eyecare Optometrist is growing our team! Seeking a friendly, energetic, organized, reliable, honest, detail-oriented, multitasking individual working part time 3-4 days (25-35 hrs/wk) as an Optician/Optical Sales in a young locally owned, small one doctor private optometry practice in Lorton, VA (near Alexandria, VA). This includes working most Saturdays.
Experience in cross-training working as an optical receptionist, assisting the optometrist with pre-testing and contact lens training, educating, fitting, adjusting and selling eye wear and contacts is a strong asset. Knowledge of Revolution EHR, how to pull and calculate vision benefits such as VSP, Eyemed, Davis, and Spectera for eyewear purchases and check eligibility and pull medical insurance information is a strong asset. This is an opportunity to be a part of growing a practice allowing for personal career growth and room for new opportunities!
Hourly wage based on experience.
Duties will include:
- Educating and fitting customized eyeglasses in our optical as well as pricing out and placing orders through our Revolution EHR portal and/or through vision benefit website.
- Understanding our different lens features for educating patients.
- File eyeglass claims through the vision benefit online portal.
- Dispensing eyeglasses to patients and perform adjustments and minor repairs.
- Troubleshoot eyeglass issues.
- Verify correct lab work on eyeglass orders using manual lensometer and contact patients once pass inspection in a timely manner.
- Edge lenses in house as needed.
- Keep lab orders organized and handle any eyeglass lab issues with outside labs.
- Make sure that pricing of lenses is accurate for each patient.
- Handle warranty frame issues.
- Handle frame inventory and pricing frames.
- Once established, assist with training new optician/optical sales employees.
- Place contact lens orders for an eyeglass patient.
- Booking appointments over the phone using an electronic health record (Revolution EHR) and acquiring vision and medical benefit information (when needed).
- Answering phone calls in a timely and welcoming fashion (when needed); greet and welcome patients.
- Go over any vision exam/eyeglass benefits (copays/discounts) and explain this to patients.
- Perform pre-diagnostic tests using an autorefractor/autokeratometer, autolensometer, retinal imaging, and visual field testing in an efficient manner (when needed).
- Perform case history in an efficient manner and input data into Rev EHR (when needed).
- Perform soft contact lens insertion and removal classes (when needed).
- Assist in keeping the office clean during down time. Cleaning restrooms, vacuuming rooms and optical area, cleaning mirrors, glass cases etc…
- Strong basic math skills (eg. percentages, order of operations, etc..) Basic computer skills are required. Using email, basic MS Office (Excel, MS Word), logging into vision and medical insurance websites to retrieve eligibility/coverage, Google Docs, etc..
- High school diploma and at least 1 year in optometry and optical store experience.
- Knowledge of optical office practices is a strong asset.
- Knowledge and experience in vision insurance and inputting exam claims is a strong asset.
- Experience working in an optometrist office without a doctor present every day is a strong asset.
- Excellent phone presence and customer service skills. (Welcoming, handle stressful situations as they arise in a calm professional manner).
- Is respectful to staff members and can handle various patient personalities in a professional and calm manner and be willing to assist with training.
- Detail oriented and accuracy of data input and basic math skills.
- Comfortable with computers systems, specifically with Microsoft products, and working with EHR (electronic health records) – experience with Revolution EHR is a strong bonus but will be willing to train.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and quick with learning new skills.
- Motivated, personable, and enjoys working in the optical environment and with people, a great communicator and listener, but efficient with time.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
Doors are locked and patients must call us upon arrival. Temperatures are taken, use of hand sanitizer at the door, and masks must be worn indoors. We have acrylic barriers at front desk/exam room. Sanitizing pre-testing and exam room after each patient.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Optical Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Every other week
- Key Leader
Employees working per shift:
- 5 or fewer
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place